Friday, March 19, 2010

noise polution

I thought the city was noisy... Living in the country is even more noisy. I have Hundreds of Canadian Geese flying over head honking and squakijng as they go. There must be Ten Thousand frogs in the irrigation ditch all croaking and what ever else they do at the top of their lungs and little bloaty throat sacks. On any given day there can be hundreds of little birds, Robins or small black birds all chirping away... There is an authentic Hooting Owl now and just tonight there a bunch of wild turkeys taken up residence some where near by... and they don't get along with the geese so very well... The Turf wars are noisy. There is also the fire season coming up and the fire suppression helicopters are flying in and sucking up water form the ponds at regular intervals. These are not small helicopters either. I am talking about the Ginormous Sky Crane helicopters.

3 comments:

Calliope said...

Would you prefer bright lights, honking horns, yelling, neighbors fighting, loud music, or hear the bass coming from a broken down vehicle on it's last leg but it has a $2000.00 sound system in it?

I would take wild turkeys and geese all day!

Big Geek said...

I did not mean this to seem like I wanted to return to the city life for the sounds... OH NO NOT AT ALL!

I just pictured it to be so much more quiet than it turns out it really is.

Big Geek said...

I love the Geese... Geese sounds, for what ever reason, have always been magic to me sort of like listening to waves for most people... if only there were fireflies here.