Friday, September 10, 2010

spoiler alert

If you like these songs don't read further... Save a horse Ride a CowBoy by Big and Rich, Who's Your Daddy by Toby Keith


So I loves me the country music. Mostly good stories but these two bother me.
So first
Save a Horse... the song is about some cowboy who comes to town to get laid. But his Cowboy reputation gets in the way.

"My Cowboy reputation had me begging for Salvation all night long"... squigly little fiddle bit.
He has to work over time to get this girl into bed.

"I took her out giggin' frogs introduced her to my old bird dog and sung her ever Willey Nelson song I could think of ... and we made love...".

But then as more or less predicted by his cowboy reputation he leaves her and heads back to town to find another girl to woo and dump...

"... and I saddle up my horse and I ride into the city...."




Next "Who's your daddy?" The song is all about some sort "Pimp" kind of a guy and some girl who is down on her luck possibly some sort of coke whore broke and alone because all the college guys have all gone home for the summer and now she is knocking on this guys door for something. It turns out that this something is money for which he is willing to exchange for her honey. I think we all know what is going on here.

Here you come knockin’ on my door baby
Tell me what you got on your mind
I guess those college boys all went home for the summertime
And you’re lookin’ right, lookin’ good, lookin’ like a woman should
So why is it so hard to find
A place to lay your pretty little head down once in a while
You run on a little tough luck baby
Don’t you sweat it
Everything is waiting inside for you
You know I got it
Come and get it

Who’s your daddy, who’s your baby?
Who’s your buddy, who’s your friend?

And who’s the one guy that you come runnin’ to
When your love-life starts tumblin’?
I got the money if you got the honey
Let’s cut a deal let’s make a plan



lets not even talk about "Mack the Knife" by Bobby Darin

No comments: