Tuesday, February 16, 2010

unemployment sucks

I have been out of work for something over a year now. I have been picking up odd jobs here and there for friends now and again but by and large there is just nothing going on work wise. I have nearly two and half decades of experience at my profession and I am thinking that I am going to loose all that to a job in a warehouse or UPS or something like that IF I can even get that!
I talked to a guy while standing out side the Costco waiting for it to open the other day. He has been out of work almost two years. It seems that in another year or so his social security will kick in. He is in school now but he is "seriously" considering just taking the early retirement thing with the social security and "living small'.
I was having panic attacks about winding up homeless which manifest themselves as gagging and retching... most unpleasant.

No comments: